CORINNE M. MULLEN, ESQ.
Corinne Mullen, a founder of The Mullen Law Firm, has specialized in litigation with a focus on Personal Injury, Employment, First Amendment and divorce for 30 years. She is Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Specialist, a distinction granted to only 1,450 lawyers in the State of New Jersey. She is one of only 70 women to have ever received this Supreme Court Certification as a Civil Trial Specialist.
Corinne is a Senior Instructor at the nationally-acclaimed Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers’ College, and is widely recognized as one of of the top trial lawyers in the New York/New Jersey Metropolitan area. Corinne has tried cases throughout the metropolitan area, and worked on cases in other states as well as cases argued before the United States Supreme Court.
She is licensed to practice law before all State and Federal Courts in New Jersey and state courts in New York.
Corinne graduated from Seton Hall Law School at the top of her class and then clerked for Senior Associate Justice Robert L. Clifford, Supreme Court of New Jersey. She previously graduated Magna Cum Laude from Seton Hall University. Prior to law school, she was employed by NBC Network News and was a delegation reporter on the floor of the Democratic National Convention for NBC. Prior to NBC, she was a radio news journalist and writer for the American Cancer Society.
Corinne has appeared and spoken on a wide range of public issues and novel law cases. She was featured on television as as the real-life Legally Blonde. She was the keynote speaker for Samaritan House for Womens’ History Month, and has spoken on First Amendment and criminal issues on MSNBC, and other media entities. She has been a lecturer in the area of press access in criminal and civil cases and has been an instructor around the country for the Trial Lawyers’ College, teaching in Wyoming, Atlanta, Washington and New York. Her cases and trials have been reported both in the general media and legal reporting journals. She has also had articles published in The New Jersey Law Journal and The Warrior magazine about trials and New Jersey’s death penalty statute. She is a member of the American Association of Justice, the National Employment Lawyers’ Association. She has been nominated to Women Leaders’ in the Law and has been recognized for winning large verdicts and succeeding in challenging civil cases, effectively changing New Jersey law in the area of first amendment and press cases.
Corinne has achieved seven and six-figure verdicts and settlements for clients throughout New Jersey, and is a Member of the Million Dollar Advocates’ Forum, of which less than 1% of all attorneys are members
In 2014, Corinne received the Avvo Clients’ Choice Award for Litigation.
The Avvo’s Clients’ Choice Award is given based on client reviews. Avvo ratings, although they do not evaluate a lawyer’s knowledge of the law, past performance on cases, personality, or communication skills, speak to a lawyer’s background as seen by clients. Despite the fact that Avvo ratings cannot evaluate these specific background elements, client reviews, and peer endorsements do so. Continued dedication, experience, and excellence as a lawyer reflect in Corinne’s Avvo Client Choice Award. Her specific award was based on a “Superb” rating of 9.8 She was presented with a Clients’ Choice Choice Badge and the award was given specifically for her outstanding focus in Litigation.
Awards & Recognitions:
Civil Trial Attorney: Corinne is one of only 1,450 certified as a Civil Trial Attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. An attorney of the State of New Jersey may be certified as a civil trial attorney only upon establishing eligibility and satisfying requirements regarding education, experience, knowledge, and skill.
- Million Dollar Forum: Corinne is a member of the Million Dollar Forum, which has a membership limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
- $1.8 Million • Contract and Employment. Essex County Superior Court in an action brought by an employee against a software company.
- $550,000. Automobile Negligence. In an action where medical testing revealed no injury, Corinne received one of the highest verdicts in Hudson County history in what was said to be a no-injury case. The offer prior to trial was $3,000.00. The verdict with pre-judgment interest was $682,000.00
- Not Guilty, United States v. Constantinou, In a federal action involving four defendants accused of Insider Trading, Corinne received the only Not-Guilty in a marathon 6 month trial.
- In the Matter of Baby M: Corinne participated in ground-breaking litigation to open the first surrogacy agreement in the United States to public access.
- American Civil Liberties Union: Corinne won two important victories in ACLU litigation, reflecting one of the first monetary awards ever to an expert wrongfully sued for providing a report in a federal housing case.
- Rivera v. Eugene P. Kenny: Successfully defended a New Jersey judge accused of defaming a litigant. The case was resolved after national and international press coverage
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- Hudson County Bar Association, Member
- Instructor, Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers’ College
- Barrister, Justice Morris Pashman Inn of Court, Bergen County, NJ
- New York City Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers’ Association
- Member, New Jersey State Board of Education, Appointed by Governor Jim Florio, served 6 years.
- Legal Counsel, Women Rising Domestic Violence Center
- Hudson County Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Hoboken Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Adaptive Sports Foundation, Ski Instructor
- Volunteer, The Forgiveness Project
- Hospice Worker, Hudson County (completed Hospice training in Hudson County)